The Business of Science™ (TBOS) is a groundbreaking online marketplace that generates global business development and networking opportunities in the life sciences and medical device industries. It creates a trusted environment where academicians, scientists, corporate executives and investors across Europe can identify potential partners and seamlessly enter into meaningful discussions about intellectual property, research, technology and entrepreneurial ventures.
How The Business of Science Marketplace Works
The Business of Science marketplace facilitates the efficient and organized exchange of scientific content and business information between “Subscribers” and “Publishers” in order to improve international competitiveness and connect new markets.
Subscribers (corporate executives, researchers, investigators, investors)
- Use keywords to search the TBOS marketplace for IP assets and various business opportunities by therapeutic area, stage of development, geography and other criteria
- Receive non-confidential summary descriptions of matching organizations: business lines, IP, research, executive leadership, location, number of employees
- Liaise with trade and invest organizations and university licensing offices to schedule meetings, receive further data or initiate a licensing process
- In order to ensure high-quality participants and interaction, Subscribers are required to provide comprehensive biographical information including professional expertise, company affiliations, research, authored publications and education
Publishers (international trade and invest organizations, university licensing offices, scientists)
- Access information about companies and technologies in all stages of development and the talent available in the trade and invest organizations’ geographic region
- Expand trade, develop trusted relationships/contacts, generate leads and create new business opportunities in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Receive inquiries from Subscribers and communicate directly with interested parties concerning the requested information; Publishers must respond within
- Arrange introductions, meetings and personal conversations
- Leverage an organization’s IP rights more efficiently through direct communication with a pre-vetted target audience
- Publishers and their conferences, meetings, programs and other events will be promoted on the TBOS website and other related platforms
John R. Lieberman
Founder & CEO
John Lieberman is the founder of NYC MedTech, a professional networking and partnering platform that brings together diverse elements of the life-sciences, biotech, devices and pharmaceutical industries.
An entrepreneur and one of the earliest web pioneers, David has over twenty years of experience as CTO and CEO. He has been involved in several start-ups, established companies and has been the founder of two highly successful ventures. He is also the founder of CreativeMinds, a consulting and product development firm which helps entrepreneurs with the early stages of ventures.
Emilia Zubornyak has more than 10 years of experience as the in-house legal counsel at multinational companies in the FMCG and pharmaceutical industries. She is an expert in consulting start-ups on legal, contractual and regulatory issues and advising early-stage companies on global brand building. Ms. Zubornyak has helped numerous firms establish IP strategies and provided valuable input to the business development process related to IP rights.